On June 21, 2013 Power9Pro is releasing a new service called "Magpie," which aims to help "Magic: The Gathering" players and and store owners with "the complexities and headaches associated with monitoring card prices."
Magpie helps players save time and gives historical price information. Features include:
- Monitor Magic Card Prices Easily
- Automatic Daily / Weekly Reports
- Historical Price Tracking, Graphs and Profit Analysis
- Over 20 Major Price Sources Tracked and Aggregated Daily
The service isn't free though: You'll need to pay a monthly fee. Options include:
- Limited ($1.95/month): Monitoring and notification of price changes for up to 25 cards.
- Basic ($8.95): Monitoring and notification of price changes for up to 100 cards .
- Pro ($39.95): Unlimited monitoring and notification of price changes for all cards.
Pricing may seem steep at $40 for Pro, however you're paying for the savings of time and man hours (if you own a store) for updating prices.
Author's thoughts: Why no free trial? The limited tier seems perfect for this. Also, this service may not be right for all local card shop owners. Many stores around Massachusetts don't even have prices on many of the cards in their displays: They're looked up online at time of purchase.
For those who keep up to date pricing on their cards, this service could potentially add up significantly a significant amount of savings or allow employees to spend more time doing other work. If you do a ton of trading or own a store, the service may be useful to you.
FOR DEMO: http://video.power9pro.com/eNLB4/magpie-demo/